Hi everyone, just to wrap up the week here are 10 of my favourite things this week, including the most popular posts on the blog (as chosen by you guys) and cool things from around the web.
1. The most popular post on the blog this week – Introducing the AA design-ometer. Thanks for all your comments everyone, great to know that you’re all loving the design-ometer! It’s my super easy quick scoring system that helps you figure out any design problems in room, and how to turn it into the coolest space possible.
2. I used the design-ometer for a brutally honest ranking of my bathroom, definitely my least favourite place in my pad.
3. Bringing back Friday’s biz column with a mega long post on going into wholesaling – something I’m about to do with our own collection! Read my Wholesaling 101 here.
4. Style Clinic – transforming an NYC loft. While we’re on a January makeover mission, I asked you to send in pics of your problem spaces. This week Elina asked how to cosy up her massive 2200 square foot loft space in NYC.
5. Cozy nooks and reading spots on Apartment Therapy. Starring Maudie!
6. Diana Henry’s top cook books of 2014. We love Diana Henry’s recipes and her writing at AA HQ, and this is her superlative list of the best 2014 foodie books. On my own list I would add A Modern Way to Eat by Anna Jones too. I was given it as a christmas prezzie, and it’s full of great veggie recipes that are delicious but really easy to throw together. Good for January health kicks!
7. 20 big impact decorating ideas for 2015 from Refinery29. I’m always banging on about going big and bold with decorating, and 2015 might be the year it finally catches on! Some of these ideas aren’t for everyone, but there’s plenty of inspiration here to be a bit braver in interiors. No. 8 is my absolute fave.
8. Best ski cabins in the world on Domaine. I’m utterly obsessed with ski cabins at the moment. I’m also loving…
10. And this pic of Graham Atkins-Hughes mucking about on the photoshoot of my new own-label collection…
Elton John eat your heart out! That’s all folks. It’s been a crazy busy week here, hope you’ve all survived the first week back from the holidays.