My top 10 picks from this super busy week…
1. Your top post on the blog this week was the low down on lighting – my own personal pet peeve and probably the biggest factor on my design-ometer. You really need to try to have at least 8 light sources in every room, and this has tons of tips to get you there! How are you doing so far?
2. Last few days before we all head off to Paris for Maison & Objet (eek!), samples are still coming in and more and more of our fab new own-label cactus are turning up every day. The house is actually starting to look like this conservatory on Garden Edit, which I won’t complain because I think it’s seriously cool.
3. We’ve all been eating, sleeping, breathing own-label stuff this week. Couldn’t wait to give you all a sneak peek of the new collection, and thanks so much for all your lovely comments guys.
4. Our cactus even found their way into WSJ. They’re everywhere!
5. As part of the January makeover mood on the blog, this is my second Style Clinic post. We’re helping Gail create a cool vibe in her first ever apartment. Love being able to work with such a great blank canvas!
6. Love Lonny.com‘s interiors inspiration from The Grand Budapest Hotel. Fab film and packed with so many cool shots. How about sunken marble baths or floor to ceiling red lacquer?
7. One of my fave food blogs The Impatient Foodie (name says it all!) created the champagne cocktails for the Golden Globes. Plus she’s shared the recipes because we all need a bit of champagne glam in our lives, right?
8. Speaking of glam, here’s how to up the ante with metallics.
9. I love Biz Fridays, because I get to hear all your inspirational retail and entrepreneurial stories. This week I was really happy to introduce you to Maxine, and her fab wallpaper and fabrics line Blackpop.
10. Lastly, I’m listening to Swimming Pool by Emmy the Great. Suits my mood at the moment with all the early morning swim sessions!
Oh thank you for all the birthday messages, so lovely to hear from everyone. Hope you’ve all had a great week.