Since being founded in 2003, Abigail Ahern has grown from London’s best-kept secret interiors boutique to a global luxury design brand. We are currently expanding both in the luxury retail market and as a wholesaler. We’re a small, tight-knit team who work hard because we love what we do, and consistently punch above our weight.
We’re now hiring a Financial Controller for our London head office. We want an experienced book-keeper who is ready to progress their career by taking on Financial Controller responsibilities. We want lively, like-minded people who are proactive, highly organised, and happy working within a small team.
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Title: Financial Controller
Responsible to: Chief Operating Officer
Your responsibilities will be to record all financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. You will post information to accounting journals/software and reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy. Additionally you will undertake all aspects of financial management, including regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Hands-on managing of accounting operations (including billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, cost accounting, inventory accounting and revenue recognition)
- Responsibility for staff payroll, expenses and pensions
- Coordinating the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Supporting month-end and year-end close process
- Managing statutory reporting requirement and tax filings
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Will have a solid and proven understanding experience of bookkeeping and accounting principles and procedures.
- Will have a proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial record.
- Will have experience of accounting software and be highly proficient with MS Office suite and excellent administration skills. Experience of using BrightPearl preferred, but not essential.
- Will be confident with customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- Will have a keen attention to detail and the ability to accurately report and organise figures.
- Will hold a BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or other similar qualification.